Torrents The ultimate “P2P” files Peer to Peer Exchange files.
The working of torrent is really Amazing
There Will be a Torrent Tracker Which will Track The availability of files In the P2P Communication.
* When ever we Download a File if the link Breaks the file download Stops.But Torrents are active files which are not maintained in a server or a Single location.
def: A torrent file stores metadata used for BitTorrent. It is defined in the BitTorrent specification
Working Of a Torrents
1. The initial File seeder creates a torrent file and uploads it .
2.The torrent file will be downloaded by Downloaders.
3. You can see In the Existing Downloaders .
Existing Downloaders not only download files,
They also act as a Seed to the new and Existing Downloaders.
The file we download is downloaded as pieces (Packets).
Eg : I download 12% of file from one seeder
23% from another seeder ,4% from Main Seeder . like that.
The ratios are not constant will Vary.
What i mean to Explain is we are downloading a single file from multiple locations in proportions.
* Even if the Original Seeder Stops Seeding We can Still Download the file file from existing Downloaders, As we are not connected only to the main seeder.
4.Torrent Tracker :
Torrent tracker just keeps the track of files and the Percentage of files downloaded by the Existing downloaders,and links the p2p among all the peer connections . . .
The Tracker is periodically updated by the clients p2p software .
5. Client Software :
A client Software is a Software Which facilitates the download of torrent files.
- it loads the torrents
- Keeps track of torrent trackers
- Updates torrent tracker
- Communicates with other peers